Recruitment Excellence Since
|Position||Controller for a public - traded company|
|Location||South Edmonton (south of Ellerslie)|
|Salary||$95 - $115,000/year|
Outline: The Controller will be a key member of the company's
Senior Management team, reporting to the CFO, overseeing internal and
external financial reporting, operational accounting, internal
controls, internal audits and supervision of a small accounting team.
- Financial reporting for the Company including external IFRS reporting matters.
- Plan and execute monthly financial close process including variance analysis and updating of rolling quarterly forecasts.
- Full cycle accounting and assist with cost control activities.
- Maintain and test internal controls and procedures.
- Assist with annual audits and quarterly board packages.
with the preparation of any monthly, quarterly and annual tax
reports and liaise with tax accountants on the annual filings.
- CPA designation preferably with a University degree in Commerce or Business.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IFRS.
- Ideally, a demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting for a public company.
- Ideally, a strong proficiency with Great Plains Dynamix.
- 5 - 10 years senior experience in accounting, with experience in the mining industry a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and the knowledge of GP.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to provide leadership to a variety of individuals.
- Effective organizational and time
management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of
tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
If you are not interested in this position but know of someone who you
feel has similar qualifications to yourself and who you would like to
refer to us, we offer an excellent referral bonus if that individual is
hired by one of our clients. |
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria,
please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence. We
thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.
© Sayler's Employment & Consulting