Recruitment Excellence Since
|Position||Senior Purchasing Manager|
|Location||75 Street and 51 Avenue, Edmonton|
|Salary||$100,000/year plus bonus - fulltime permanent.|
Reporting to the CFO, the
Purchasing Manager works closely with the Operations, Finance, Systems
and Business Development to delivery a procurement and contracts
mandate that supports the company's strategic business plan.
and monitors vendors based on best practices which includes best value,
quality of product, current and future availability and delivery
contracts on behalf of the organization and ensures vendors comply with
terms and conditions and monitors on-going compliance to company policy.
to various field offices or job sites as required to ensure the
procurement and contract processes are correctly set up and managed per
- Identifies process deficiencies, develops and implements new procedures, documents KPI's and reports benefits.
- Assist in developing the prequalification process for vendors and sub-contractors.
bidder lists, develop evaluation criteria, issue formal bid documents,
coordinate, analyze and recommend, award and implement tenders for
specific supply categories, manage performance measures for vendors.
- Responsibile for the maintenance and improvement of Inventory Management and Controls.
- Forecast levels of demand for prioducts and forecasts pricing levels.
- Coordination of annual inventory count and responds to request for reporting and analysis from the Management Team.
- Assist with Asset Management , support the buying and selling of company equipment.
- Assist Management with negotiations for Facility leases and contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of customs for receiving of international products from foreign suppliers.
- obtain quotes and arrange for freight for equipment and product.
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the necessary qualifications:|
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Minimum 5 years
experience in a Senior Purchasing role preferrably in the Oilfield (downhole) experience.
- Post-secondary education in a field related to procurement is desirable (PMAC, CPP or other suitable designation).
- ABOVE AVERAGE proficiency in Excel and ERP software applications.
- Familiar with lean principles of planning and purchasing.
- Demonstrated support of safety programs and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to travel to Alberta regional locations.
- Financial acumen.
- Excellent people skills, above average communication skills and a self starter.
If you are not interested in this position but know of someone who you
feel has similar qualifications to yourself and who you would like to
refer to us, we offer an excellent referral bonus if that individual is
hired by one of our clients. |
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria,
please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence. We
thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.