Recruitment Excellence Since
|Position||Finance Officer / Controller for a Not For Profit Association|
|Location||West Edmonton on St. Albert Trail|
|Salary||$85 - 100 K per
year, three weeks of vacation. THIS is a 14 month maternity leave job opportunity.|
to the Executive Director, the Finance Officer is responsible for the
association's financial, accounting, administrative services in order
to meet legislative and regulatory requirements. You will be
involved in securing credit from banks, assist with tax and compliance
matters and manage the financial risks within the organization. You will maanage and mentor one Senior Accounting Clerk.
- Coordinate financial planning and budget management functions.
- Prepare, monitor and analyze monthly and quarterly operating results against budget for performance and risk assessment.
- Investigate variances in budgets, reporting and general accounting and resolve issues as required.
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare timely and accurate bank and financial statements.
- Maintain cash controls, monitors bank balances, ensures data integrity in all financial reporting.
- Monitor and maintain cash reserves and investments, invest excess monies appropriately to gain maximum interest.
- Work with the executive team to develop annual budgets, coordinate the annual audit and yearly budget.
- Grant administration and reporting.
- Works closely with the management team and board members.
Payable and Receivable - reconciles accounts, prepare journal entries,
issue receipts, maintain invoices for all account receivables,
reconcile daily, weekly and monthly deposits, maintain accurate records.
and Benefits - process full-cycle bi-weekly payroll for a staff of 30
employees including benefit administration, T4's, ROE's, WCB reports,
processing employee expense reports, RRSP contributions and
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the necessary qualifications:|
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Professional accounting designation such as CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) is required.
experience in a progressively responsible financial position; Not-For-Profit experience a definite asset with experience with financial
reporting, analysis and grant funding within a regulatory environment.
- Experience with SAGE 300 accounting software, ADVANCED working knowledge of Excel and other MS programs.
- Knowledge of generally
accepted accounting principles and practices, internal controls and management
accounting concepts, strategic, financial and business planning cycles; ability
to interpret and apply financial and accounting policies and procedures;
ability to learn and apply new concepts and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills
such as: conflict management, active listening, providing clear messages to
- Well developed verbal
and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with
divergent groups; ability to develop, implement, and effectively communicate
policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel to business meetings, possess a valid AB Class 5 driver's license.
If you are not interested in this position but know of someone who you
feel has similar qualifications to yourself and who you would like to
refer to us, we offer an excellent referral bonus if that individual is
hired by one of our clients. |
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria,
please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence. We
thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.